Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Backyard Dreaming.....

Hey there summer lovers,

Now that the weather has cooled to more Seattle-like temps, I am really enjoying the warm evenings and weekends outside rather than looking for the nearest dog-friendly AC'd hangout. Last weekend we had some friends over for an easy-breezy barbecue, and it got me thinking -- while it's not on the docket for this summer, what am I going to do with our backyard NEXT summer???

On one hand, it's an entirely new area for me to style and shape and create and have fun with...on the other hand, there's a budget and an extreme lack of actual green grass to consider.
For now, our little oasis in the city will have to winter as-is; which, considering my interior house to-do list is still pretty long, is actually OK with me. However, this hasn't stopped me from dreaming of what I eventually want to do....................

Here's our backyard currently:


And here are some of the beautiful, comfy backyard ideas I'd like to use next summer:

Can't you just picture sipping a summer Mojito here?
(photo from http://cocokelley.blogspot.com/)


This makes me want to get comfy, catch up on my stack of magazines and then take a little nap in the afternoon summer shade.......
I would love to hang about five of the smaller lanterns in our plum tree for late-evening barbecues, hammock lounging, and sky gazing.
(photo and lanterns from potterybarn.com)

Or mayby I should hang them on these cool stakes at each corner of our deck.....
(photo, laterns and stakes from potterybarn.com)

I love the fullness of hydrangeas and am really drawn to this soft blue/purple color; would love to line one side of our house with these.
(photo from Google Images)


S'mores anyone?
(photo and fire pit from http://www.firepitsinc.com)
Anyone else have fun photos of backyard spaces they've created? I'd love to see them! E-mail me at shahler@hotmail.com.
Cheers,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment