Friday, July 10, 2009

A New-Homeowner Staycation

Hi guys :)

I wasn't going to post today, but, when I first started this blog, I promised to share the good, bad, and the in-betweens of our experience with first time homeownership.
I'm happy to report i have NOTHING BAD to report! But I do have an in-between. I am tired. I need a break. I need some sunshine. I need some balance.

We (fam and friends included) have been going whole-hog on the house since we signed that mountain of paperwork; tree trimming, painting, pressure washing, building, hauling, packing/unpacking, organizing, cleaning, painting some more, cleaning some more, etc. etc. etc.

All work and no play makes for a very grumpy girl...
SO! I am taking the weekend OFF. I'm going to play outside, see some friends (without having to explain why my legs are covered in "Skyline Steel" paint spatters) and chill out with the pooches. And most importantly, perhaps, I'm goint to ENJOY our house, sit on the porch, maybe read a magazine under the plum tree.
I highly reccomend you guys do the same -- take some time off from the never-ending house to do list, the projects, the work. Look around at all the hard work you've put in, then slip on your flip flops and do something fun!

Here's a few pix of what I'm going to be doing this weekend; notice NONE of them involve power tools :) :) :) (photos borrowed from Google images given the weekend hasn't happened yet...)


Remember this guy from the Police Academy movies??? We bought tix, and are ready for some good laughs!
The dogs are desperate for some extended, human-powered games of fetch.

I'm signed up for the TREK sprint triathalon in September, and will so be for the Seattle Half Marathon in Novemer...best lace up my running shoes and get in some good mileage!


Also want to dust of the mountain bikes...
SLEEP!! We all need more.
Cheers to putting all the to-do lists in a drawer for a few days!
SB

No comments:

Post a Comment