Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fo Shizzle

Hiya fellow painters and deck builders!

Hopefully everyone has gotten a good dose of vitamin D lately -- if you live in/near Seattle, I'm not sure why you're inside on the Internet because its SOOO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE right now!!! But, I do appreciate the blog attention :).

Some of you asked how my "homeowner staycation" went last weekend (see previous post). Well.....I didn't stay home and I didn't relax...but I did have fun! And, I got almost every single box unpacked by accident!!! Here's the story: In hopes of heading to Whistler on Saturday, we noticed that we couldn't find our passports. ANYWHERE. Assuming they were stashed in one of the moving boxes, I started to unpack, one by one, and actually put things away. And, of course, a few hours later we discovered they were hiding in a very un-obvious box stashed in the corner of the garage, where we weren't even lookin..... Still undeterred, we grabbed the Ziploc baggie of government-mandated documents and headed north for some biking and camping by the river -- just what the doctor ordered. And even though I had sworn off doing and house-related labor for two days, when we got home, it was nice to actually be able to walk through the living room and office without fear of being accidentally buried under cardboard boxes.
And speaking of offices...I am almost done putting ours together! We picked out a new ceiling light last night and I'm trolling CraigsList and furniture sites for the perfect loveseat or overstuffed chair to finish it off. I'll share pics soon and will finally deliver the "Adventures in Lighting" blog I promised a few weeks ago.

For now, here's a quick shot of our front door mat, which, for those of you who know us, is very fitting :).


And here is one that I saw on the blog of a designer, that just plain cracks me up:
WORD.
Shanti

1 comment:

  1. Shanti, your blog totally inspires me and I am no where NEAR owning a home :) I love your never-ending enthusiasm and cheerful attitude, even in the face of Mountain Dew-hued bathrooms and moldy indoor planters!
    I can't wait to see your new house take shape as all of your hard work pays off - I hope you are celebrating every little step of the way!
    -Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete