Friday, July 31, 2009

Excuses, excuses!

I KNOW my last post included me saying that is was too beautiful outside to work on the house...but if you live in or near Seattle, you won't crucify me for saying that I haven't done much reno'ing, painting, or even raking due to the swealtering weather. In fact, our little neighborhood made the evening news for hitting 114 degrees (at the hottest part of the day)!!!

However, this weekend I've got a pretty big house to-do list, including hanging the new office light (love it!), mowing our dandelions (there's really no grass under there...) and staining our new wood door. I'll take pics and share the adventures on Monday -- should be a good time!

I still haven't finished painting the master bathroom yet after the "shower planter" discovery...but that will come when the weather cools, the days grow shorter and the yard demands a little less attention.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the fabulous Web sites and blogs that I've come across in past few weeks:
  • http://cocokelley.blogspot.com/ LOVE her design tricks and her "style (e)scapes" posts, especially her ideas for budget backyard/patio entertaining. I'm also in love with the Zebra print rug that keeps popping up in room photos... She's also from Seattle, so you gotta love that!
  • http://www.etsy.com/ I knew this site had cute jewelry, but now that my eyes are more drawn to side tables and rugs, I've found a ton of unique pieces that are now on my Wish List. I especially love the vinyl wall decals that are great for apartment dwellers and homeowners alike who either can't attach something permanent to the plaster or are like to change their minds every few months.
  • http://www.lampsplus.com/ This is the best, most affordable (usually) lighting shop I've found that has the greatest selection. I've purchased multiple ceiling lights and our front porch light there, and have been happy will each one.
  • http://www.bloominghomeco.com/ Ok, it's not a Web site, it's a store, but I had to highlight Blooming Home in Kirkland. It's a home consignment shop, and WOW, do they have some cool things and good prices. Right now I'm coveting the GIANT silver mirror that would look fantastic in our living room, and the green and brown loveseat...Everything is in fantastic shape and is high-quality. Definitely check it out if you're in the neighborhood.
  • http://www.realsimple.com If you're like me and you're looking to save cash where you can, check out Real Simple magazine's Web site; they have all the good stuff for free! Need to know how to clean granite? They have an article to show you how. Want to re-decorate your utility room? They have inexpensive, DIY ideas and how-to videos you can download.

Now I'm off to mow, stain and re-wire!

Cheers to cooler weather,

Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment