Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hello, drill seekers!

Last week I mentioned in my inaugural Lefty Loosey Righty Tighty (LLRT) post that with the purchase of a new home comes the need to use (and learn about) power tools. And I am no exception to the rule; regardless of the fact that my family is quite talented in all things related to house building and repair, I remain the black sheep who has so far preferred to choose paint colors over hanging drywall. (Still a smart choice in my mind…)

Anyway, while I haven’t gotten my hands on a skill saw or nail gun yet, I did use the all-purpose DeWALT drill over the weekend. However, it wasn’t for anything house-related…..



Yep, you are seeing that correctly! In the middle of making homemade tamales on Saturday, our cheap-o hand mixer died a slow and grinding death. About to panic and make a Target run, some ever-so-handy and crafty ladies showed me that you simply have to detach the beaters and click them into the DeWALT. WHO KNEW??

Now, which is more surprising: the newfound use for a DeWALT drill or the fact that I was making tamales? :) :) :)

Drill ON,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment