Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Cleaning + Yard Work = Free Therapy and Workout in One


I’m not sure if it’s my subconscious way of avoiding the mess that is dealing with utility companies (more on this later…) or if I’m just plain anxious to move into our new digs (hot water or not!), but lately I have been tirelessly scrubbing, spraying, raking, hauling and weeding. And I LOVE IT.

The satisfaction I felt after slicing and dicing our front and back yard after a year of neglect is almost embarrassing; the pride I take in our now sparkling fridge and kitchen cabinets makes me want to show it off to people when they come over. And after all the hard work, my mind is clear and my muscles are sore like no friendly vent session or gym workout can produce. Perhaps house cleaning is the new stress buster and yard work is the new gym membership?

Tree before...

"Clean Green" Pile

... Tree After!

Housework High aside, as you can see we got a TON done yesterday, and even started on our new fence. It’s been a great way to meet our new neighbors and make a good impression (“Hi, we’d like to tear down this old crumbling eyesore left by the previous owner and build a beautiful cedar fence instead”) and hopefully we’ll have it done by the end of the week so we can move in with the dogs.


New fence on the left, old on the right.

I’ll keep you posted on our progress, but in the meantime stay tuned for the next blog, where I’ll dive into some creative tips on cleaning and disinfecting different rooms in your home and how to make your own products for way less cash then those cutely labeled but overpriced bottles.

Scrubbing Bubbles,
Shanti

2 comments:

  1. You are and endless source of energy Shanti! I love that you are doing BEFORE and AFTER photos!! That tree in the back looks soooo much better!

    I like that you get a high from scrubbing/yard work... I must admit I have been getting entirely way too much pleasure from some grass seed I planted about a month or two ago...way too much...embarrassingly soo!!

    Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanti this is great! The plum tree looks so much better! Will be anxious to see how the apple tree turns out! We were so eager to check things out that the camera got left in the car and when we got home we had no pics to show Rachel. Mike was lamenting that he wouldn't get to join the fence party while we were waiting to board the very late plane. Will have Mike/Dad check out the progress. Carol

    ReplyDelete