Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Guest/Gear Room

As some of you know, we chose to make what could have been a decent guest room into a gear room: a place where all of our outdoor gear and whatnot could be happily organized and ready for action at any given moment. The gear is both mine and my husbands, but to be honest, the obsession to organize is all me :) Hence, the heavy duty shelving and Rubbermaid tubs.....




However, I'm thinking there might be a way to make this room both a gear AND a guest room. Considering most of our guests have similar tastes as us, they probably wouldn't mind sleeping amongst skis and tents too much....
And I LOVE this simple style, which could take up one side of the room while the gear stays on the other side: (photo from http://www.sfgirlbybay.com/ and http://www.purlsoho.com/purl)
















Now if I could only track down a sustainable crop treated log for a side table...........

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I did a google search of "gear rooms" and your blog popped up! I'm in the same spot as you are in terms of a gear-room/guest room. My question is - where did you got your metal shelves?? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete